- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups finely shredded extra-sharp Cheddar
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- (preferably Parmigiano-Reggiano)
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon grated shallot or yellow onion
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- but liquid reserved, roughly chopped
- Ground cayenne pepper
- English-style dry mustard
- Combine half the Cheddar and half the Parmesan cheese in a large bowl. Mix together lightly. Knead in 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise until mixture is creamy and very smooth.
- Work in remaining cheese, garlic, shallot, pimientos, 1 tablespoon of reserved pimiento liquid, a dash of cayenne and a small pinch of dry mustard. Knead just enough to mix well: it should still have plenty of texture. Add remaining mayonnaise, if necessary—just enough to make it spreadable.
- Let stand 30 minutes. Serve cool or at room temperature. Makes about 2 1⁄2 cups.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Vegan Glass Jar GoodiesSee More
Cancun Grilled Chicken Tacos with Citrus Chile Marinade
Perfect baked potatoSee More