- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4-6 servings
- Preparation Time:
- 4 cups firm white bread,cubed
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- Combine bread cubes and raisins in a greased one-quart baking dish.
- Heat milk, and butter or margarine until melted; do not boil.
- Combine eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; blend well.
- Add hot milk mixture to egg mixture, stirring constantly.
- Pour over bread and raisin mixture; let stand 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional nutmeg if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 50 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve Golden Lemon Sauce over warm bread pudding.
NotesThere is a recipe for the Golden Lemon Sauce I have posted on here to pour over this bread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Camp Nubar Baking Class
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More