CLASSIC SLOWCOOKER CHILI
- Cooking Time: 6-8 hours, slow-cooker
- 1 lb. each: ground turkey, ground beef
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 2 cans (10.5 oz. each) tomato sauce
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. each) kidney beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Cook the meat in a skillet until browned and crumbled.
Add all ingredients in slow cooker.
Cook on low 6-8 hours.
Season to taste with salt and pepper.
I like to use 2 lbs. of ground turkey and extra garlic!
adapted from: 1001 Best Slow-Cooker Recipes by Sue Spitler