- Cooking Time: 45-50
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
BackstoryThis is a family recipe, with just a couple of added tweaks by myself.
- 3 large sweet potatoes (the really orange ones - yams less sweet & more startchy)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbls pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar (I used moscavado)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 2 frozen deep dish Pet Ritz pie crusts
- Preheat oven to 415 F. Bake potatoes until they can be pierced easily with a knife. Let cool to room temperature. Remove peels. In a large bowl, combine potatoes, milks, eggs, and vanilla with blender on high speed for approximately 2 minutes, scraping the sides periodically. Add brown sugar and blend more. Add remaining dry ingredients & mix on high for approximately 2 minutes. Divide batter between pie shells, pie shells on a baking sheet; sprinkle with a little nutmeg for decoration, if desired & bake in a 375 F oven for approximately 45-50 minutes. Cool.
- NOTE: I bake my potatoes, as it greatly improves the flavor and retains more of the potatoes vitamins, more than boiling the potatoes. But you can boil if you'd like.