Claudina's Chilaquiles con Salsa Verde
"A Salsa Addict's featured recipe!"Serves 4-6 | Prep Time 20 minutes (less if you buy pre-cooked chicken) | Cook Time 35 minutes
Why I Love This Recipe
Claudina shared this recipe with us on Anna's Addicting Salsa facebook fan page. We decided it was worthy of being featured inside our e-cookbook. If you would like your recipes that are paired or cooked with Anna's Addicting Salsa to be featured here, feel to share with us on Facebook @addictingsalsa.
Ingredients You'll Need
1 Jar of ‘Dat Green Stuff - Anna’s Addicting Salsa
15 corn tortillas cut in squares or triangles
1 cup of cooked shredded chicken (to save time on the chicken, I buy a rotisserie chicken from the local market and shred, makes the process easier and faster)
1 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. Choose from Mexican Blend, Monterrey Jack, or Cheddar Mix
1 cup of chopped onion (this is optional)
1 tsp of salt
1 tsp of pepper
2 tbsp of canola oil
• Preheat oven at 375 degrees.
• In a large pan or skillet heat the oil and stir the tortilla strips and the onion, fry until tortilla is
crisp and lightly brown. Remove from heat and remove excess oil with a paper towel.
• On a glass recipient, or baking container mix the tortillas, chicken, ‘Dat Green Stuff, 1 cup
cheese, salt and pepper.
• Cover with aluminum foil and place in the oven for about 25 minutes.
• Retire and top with 1⁄2 cup of cheese. Place back in oven for about 5 min.
• Remove and serve with sour cream and avocado!
Pairs Well With
'Dat Green Stuff was an ingredient in this recipe and will make you want to slap 'yo momma! (not really, that just means is really freakin' good)