- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon buttermilk
- Combine the cream and buttermilk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat just until the chill is off-to about 90 degrees.
- Pour into a glass jar, cover lightly with waxed paper, and let set in a warm place for 12 to 20 hours, until thickened.
- Replace the wax paper with plastic wrap or a tight lid and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. (It will keep 2 weeks in the refrigerator).
- You can whip this substance to make it thicker, or add a little sugar if you like your cream sweet.
NotesThis is also known as Sue's Creme Fraiche
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More