- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon buttermilk
- Combine the cream and buttermilk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat just until the chill is off-to about 90 degrees.
- Pour into a glass jar, cover lightly with waxed paper, and let set in a warm place for 12 to 20 hours, until thickened.
- Replace the wax paper with plastic wrap or a tight lid and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. (It will keep 2 weeks in the refrigerator).
- You can whip this substance to make it thicker, or add a little sugar if you like your cream sweet.
NotesThis is also known as Sue's Creme Fraiche
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Beef , Tomatoe And Cabbage Casserole
Vanilla Crunch Clouds
Fruity With a Touch of ZingSee More