- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon buttermilk
- Combine the cream and buttermilk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat just until the chill is off-to about 90 degrees.
- Pour into a glass jar, cover lightly with waxed paper, and let set in a warm place for 12 to 20 hours, until thickened.
- Replace the wax paper with plastic wrap or a tight lid and refrigerate for at least 6 hours. (It will keep 2 weeks in the refrigerator).
- You can whip this substance to make it thicker, or add a little sugar if you like your cream sweet.
NotesThis is also known as Sue's Creme Fraiche
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Sharing Christmas with Friends
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Dark chocolate truffle tart with flax seeds
Khatta Meetha Karela
Roasted Butternut Squash SoupSee More