- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant fat-free, sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 10 oz low-fat silken tofu, pureed
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 4 cups frozen strawberries, thawed (reserve 3/4 cup juice)
- Preheat oven to 350F, grease 2 loaf pans.
- Combine sugar, oil, applesauce and vanilla pudding mix.
- Add eggs and tofu puree, blending well.
- Combine dry ingredients, and add gradually on low speed, mixing thoroughly.
- Add strawberries and reserved juice; mix well.
- Bake 60 minutes, turn out immediately and cool on wire racks.
NotesSweet, creamy and fruity dessert bread, studded with strawberry pieces and tinged with their juice. Inspired by a recipe posted by Henrie (http://www.grouprecipes.com/38652/strawberry-vanilla-bread.html).
Makes 2 loaves, 10 slices each.
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 3.8 g
Cholesterol: 21.3 mg
Sodium: 155.2 mg
Total Carbs: 30.1 g
Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
Protein: 5.1 g
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More