- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- For the Chipotle Black Bean Vinaigrette dressing:
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1/2 cup spicy salsa
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Kosher salt, to taste*
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- For the salad:
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 2 canned roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, stem removed and cut in small dices
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, and cut in small dices
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 bunches (4 ounces) arugula or watercress, stems removed, washed and dried
- 12 ounces roasted chicken breast, thinly sliced, rotisserie or freshly made, skinless
- 2 strips bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Toss the corn and red pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
- Toss the tomato, cucumber and onion in a separate bowl; set aside.
- Make a bed of arugula or watercress on a large platter. Top 1/3 of the greens with the corn mixture. Place the tomato and cucumber next to the corn, covering another 1/3 of the greens.
- Cover the remaining greens with the sliced chicken; top the chicken with crumbled bacon. Drizzle half the dressing over top, and scatter the diced avocado overall. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
- Nutrition Information for Dressing Per Serving: Calories 60; Total fat 2.5g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 130mg; Carbohydrate 7g; Fiber 2g; Protein 2g; Vitamin A 2%DV**; Vitamin C 4%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 4%DV; Potassium 38%DV Nutrition Information for
- Dressed Salad Per Serving: Calories 190; Total fat 8g; Saturated fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 270mg; Carbohydrate 18g; Fiber 5g; Protein 13g; Vitamin A 20%DV; Vitamin C 35%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 10%DV; Potassium 38%DV * For salt indicated as the amount “to taste,” no amount of the ingredient is included in the analysis. ** Daily Value
NotesCanned beans are naturally nutritious, providing protein, calcium and iron. This recipe packs all of that goodness into a spicy, creamy vinaigrette that is as appropriate dressing a green salad as it is flavoring a taco, a burrito or a quesadilla.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
Sharing Christmas with Friends
Delicious Breakfasts for Gluten-Free Kids!See More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More