COBB SALAD WITH CHIPOTLE BLACK BEAN VINAIGRETTE
Cobb Salad with Chipotle Black Bean Vinaigrette
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20
- For the Chipotle Black Bean Vinaigrette dressing:
- 1 can (about 15 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 canned chipotle pepper
- 1/2 cup spicy salsa
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup hot water
- Kosher salt, to taste*
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- For the salad:
- 1 can (15 ounces) corn kernels, drained
- 2 canned roasted red bell peppers, diced
- 2 large, ripe tomatoes, stem removed and cut in small dices
- 1 cucumber, peeled and seeded, and cut in small dices
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 2 bunches (4 ounces) arugula or watercress, stems removed, washed and dried
- 12 ounces roasted chicken breast, thinly sliced, rotisserie or freshly made, skinless
- 2 strips bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
To make the dressing, purée all of the dressing ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Toss the corn and red pepper in a small bowl; set aside.
Toss the tomato, cucumber and onion in a separate bowl; set aside.
Make a bed of arugula or watercress on a large platter. Top 1/3 of the greens with the corn mixture. Place the tomato and cucumber next to the corn, covering another 1/3 of the greens.
Cover the remaining greens with the sliced chicken; top the chicken with crumbled bacon. Drizzle half the dressing over top, and scatter the diced avocado overall. Serve the remaining dressing on the side.
Nutrition Information for Dressing Per Serving: Calories 60; Total fat 2.5g; Saturated fat 0g; Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 130mg; Carbohydrate 7g; Fiber 2g; Protein 2g; Vitamin A 2%DV**; Vitamin C 4%DV; Calcium 2%DV; Iron 4%DV; Potassium 38%DV Nutrition Information for
Dressed Salad Per Serving: Calories 190; Total fat 8g; Saturated fat 1.5g; Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 270mg; Carbohydrate 18g; Fiber 5g; Protein 13g; Vitamin A 20%DV; Vitamin C 35%DV; Calcium 4%DV; Iron 10%DV; Potassium 38%DV * For salt indicated as the amount “to taste,” no amount of the ingredient is included in the analysis. ** Daily Value