- Cooking Time: 225
- Preparation Time:
- 1 10 lb picnic ham (not precooked)
- 2 2 liter bottles of Coke (lots of times I use the store brand. Don't use Pepsi, it dosn't taste right.
- 2 large onions cut in half (no need to peel)
- 6 whole cloves
- 2-3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoon Dry mustard (Colemans is the best if you have it)
- 2 tablespoons Demerara suger (you can get this at Wal-Mart)
- or light brown sugar (the Demerara is the best)
- Place ham in a stockpot and pour both bottles of Coke over.
- Add onions and cloves.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to a low simmer and cook for about 3 1/2 hours covered.
- Heat oven to 500 degrees.
- Remove ham from cooking liquid and place in a roasting pan fat side up.
- Using a knife, trim off the skin and some of the fat.
- Leave a thin layer of fat on the ham.
- Pour the molasses over the ham.
- Mix the suger and mustard togather.
- Pat onto molasses.
- Place in the oven for 10-15 min, or until the sugar has melted and is browm and bubbly.
NotesI just took this ham to a church lunch. Our church is very small and there were about 15 people at lunch. I made a 10 1/2 lb ham and there is not a bite left (there was also chicken and turkey). It was wonderful. Based on a Nigella Lawson recipe.
You will never eat a better ham.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.
GAES PTO Recipes
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More