- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3lb stewing chicken
- 6 leeks, washed, trimmed & sliced 1"
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 parsnips, peeled & trimmed
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a large soup pot. Cover with water & bring to a boil. Add leeks, rice, parsnips & salt. Cover the pot & simmer for 2 hours & 30 mins.
- Remove the pot from the heat & lift out chicken. Remove the skin from the chicken and slice the meat into thin slices. Return the meat slices to the soup. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- To serve sprinkle with parsley.
NotesDon't let the name throw you off - this soup is delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mom's Cooking Secrets
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More