- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 3lb stewing chicken
- 6 leeks, washed, trimmed & sliced 1"
- 1/2 cup rice
- 2 parsnips, peeled & trimmed
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- salt & pepper to taste
- Place chicken in a large soup pot. Cover with water & bring to a boil. Add leeks, rice, parsnips & salt. Cover the pot & simmer for 2 hours & 30 mins.
- Remove the pot from the heat & lift out chicken. Remove the skin from the chicken and slice the meat into thin slices. Return the meat slices to the soup. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- To serve sprinkle with parsley.
NotesDon't let the name throw you off - this soup is delicious!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Breads and Pastry 101
Driscoll's Berry Desserts
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Carmelized Banana Tart (Land O Lakes)
Betty Crocker Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Caramel Cupcakes
Chinese Chicken WingsSee More