- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- can of Tomato Paste
- sm can of Tomato Sauce
- several splashes Cider Vinegar
- jar of Red Currant Jelly
- cpl tblsp's Molasses
- cpl (or more, if you like- which I do) cloves crushed Garlic
- few dashes Hot Sauce (I like Tabasco Smoked Chipotle)
- Chili powder
- Black Pepper
- Red (Cayenne) Pepper
- the WEENIES (I use Eckrich All-Beef L'il Smokies)
- WEENIES- into the crockpot for a swim.
- Then, mix the sauce & the paste, vinegar, jelly, garlic and molasses til well-blended in a bowl or large measuring pitcher (since you'll be pouring this into the crock of weenies eventually). Use as much vinegar as needed to give it the consistency of thick sauce, but TOO MUCH and it'll be sour so start out being easy with it. Use as much molasses as you like for color and sweetness. Remember, the jelly's already sweetened.
- Now, the SPICEZZZ!! Some like it HOT, and some sweat when the heat is on. Use your judgement, but don't be a scaredy-cat, either! And don't fear the SWEET spices, either- ever have Skyline Chili? They put CINNAMON in it- that's why it tastes like that.
- Pour this Nectar of the Gods all over the WEENIES and stir. Cook the hell out of them; start them the night before and cook on low setting all night if serving early in the day (like we will be), or make them early in the morning and let 'em steep all day to serve in the late evening with supper. If it's getting too thick, it's ok to add a LITTLE water, but if you keep the lid on tight, it shouldn't.
NotesWant more??? Double to recipe- use TWO of everything and fill 'er up!