- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cola
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups tiny marshmallows
- Cocoa-Cola Frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup pastel-color tiny marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, stir together flour and granulated sugar.
- Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, cola, and cocoa powder.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until butter melts.
- Pour over flour mixture.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in marshmallows.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Spread Cocoa-Cola Frosting over cake. Sprinkle with pecans and marshmallows, if desired.
- Cocoa-Cola Frosting:
- In medium bowl, beat 1/3 cup butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Slowly add 2 cups powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, beating until combined.
- Add 1/4 cup cola, beating until combined. Gradually beat in 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar until combined.
- If necessary, beat in enough additional cola, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make frosting easy to spread.
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Black Bean Salad
Gabriola Clam Chowder
PUMPKIN CUSTARD PROFITEROLES WITH MAPLE CARAMELSee More