- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup cola
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups tiny marshmallows
- Cocoa-Cola Frosting
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup pastel-color tiny marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- In large bowl, stir together flour and granulated sugar.
- Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine butter, cola, and cocoa powder.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until butter melts.
- Pour over flour mixture.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, baking soda, and vanilla; mix well. Stir in marshmallows.
- Pour into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on wire rack.
- Spread Cocoa-Cola Frosting over cake. Sprinkle with pecans and marshmallows, if desired.
- Cocoa-Cola Frosting:
- In medium bowl, beat 1/3 cup butter with electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Slowly add 2 cups powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, beating until combined.
- Add 1/4 cup cola, beating until combined. Gradually beat in 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar until combined.
- If necessary, beat in enough additional cola, 1 teaspoon at a time, to make frosting easy to spread.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Girl Scout Campfire Cookbook Troop 60252See More
Calzone de Gen aux épinards (ou bette à carde/chou frisé)
Chocolate Drizzled Lemon and Almond BiscottiSee More