BackstoryWhy not try some "comfort foods" this weekend? Make our Coconut Almond Bread Pudding, just like Grandma used to bake.
- 1 pan Rhodes™ Warm-N-Serv Buttery Dinner Rolls or Sticky Buns
- 1/2 cup coconut, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 pint whipping cream or 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- caramel topping, if desired
- Allow rolls to thaw enough that you can cut each one into 8 equal pieces to make 1-inch cubes.
- Place half of the roll cubes in the bottom of a sprayed 9x9-inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the coconut and half of the almonds.
- Repeat with remaining toll cubes, coconut and almonds.
- If any of the sticky glaze remains in the pan, scrap it out and place on top of roll cubes.
- In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture evenly over roll cubes.
- Cover and refrigerate at least one hour.
- Remove cover and bake at 350°F 50-60 minutes (cover with foil last 15 minutes of baking to prevent over browning).
- Serve warm, drizzled with caramel topping, if desired.