- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups mashed ripe banana (3-4 bananas)
- ¼ cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup flaked sweetened coconut
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon flaked sweetened coconut
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1. Preheat oven to 350º.
- 2. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife Combine flour, baking soda, and salt, stirring with a whisk.
- 3. Place granulated sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add banana, yogurt, rum, and vanilla; beat until blended.
- 4. Add flour mixture; beat at low speed until just moist. Stir in ½ cup coconut.
- 5. Spoon batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1 tablespoon coconut. Bake at 350º for 1 hour or until a wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Combine powdered sugar and lime juice, stirring with a whisk; drizzle over warm bread. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Yield: 1 loaf.
NotesI found this recipe in an issue of Cooking Light, and decided to try it because my family loves banana bread. It's a great twist on the classic version, and it's relatively healthy as well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy Bites
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Cinnamon-Apple Chex® Mix
Very Berry Crumble Pie
Salmon Hobo PacksSee More