- Cooking Time: none
- Servings: lots
- Preparation Time: 30 min
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 3 Tbs evaporated milk
- 2 Tbs butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Melting chocolate (I used Kroger brand in the tray)
- Toasted coconut to sprinkle on top*
- Line baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Combine powdered sugar, coconut, milk, butter and vanilla in a medium bowl. Stir until well blended. Shape mixture into 1-inch balls; place on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for 1 minute, then in 30 second intervals until melted completely.
- Dip bonbons in melted chocolate, removing excess that drips. Place on baking sheet with wax paper. Sprinkle bonbons with toasted coconut, if desired. Refrigerate all bonbons until firm (maybe 10 minutes). Store in fridge.
- *To toast coconut, spread evenly on baking sheet. Toast in preheated 350 degree oven for 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown.
NotesI love coconut. i love bon bons.
nothing more I need to say.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Babette's Test KitchenSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More