- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (19.8 ounces) brownie mix
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Spread coconut on a baking sheet, toast in oven, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 7 minutes. Cool.
- With a spatula, loosen edges of brownie. Invert onto wire rack; cool completely. Cut into 12 bars. Slice bars horizontally in half.
- In a bowl, mix ice cream and 3/4 cup coconut.
- Spread over bottom half of each brownie.
- Cover with top half. Wrap each sandwich in plastic. Freeze for 1 hour.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and shortening. Frost sandwiches; freeze until set—30 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved coconut.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
GAES PTO Recipes
MetroCooking Texas 2013
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy FoodSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More