- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (19.8 ounces) brownie mix
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Prepare brownies according to package directions. Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F. Spread coconut on a baking sheet, toast in oven, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 7 minutes. Cool.
- With a spatula, loosen edges of brownie. Invert onto wire rack; cool completely. Cut into 12 bars. Slice bars horizontally in half.
- In a bowl, mix ice cream and 3/4 cup coconut.
- Spread over bottom half of each brownie.
- Cover with top half. Wrap each sandwich in plastic. Freeze for 1 hour.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and shortening. Frost sandwiches; freeze until set—30 minutes.
- Garnish with reserved coconut.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Family and Friends Starter CookBook
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSWSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More