- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12-16
- Preparation Time:
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 1/4 cups canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups (packed) sweetened flaked coconut (about 7 ounces)
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- Additional sweetened flaked coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter 12-cup Bundt pan; dust pan with flour.
- Stir 3 cups cake flour and salt in medium bowl to blend. Beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add 2 1/2 cups sugar, beating until well blended. Beat in eggs 1 at a time, then both extracts. Beat in flour mixture in 4 additions alternately with 1 cup coconut milk in 3 additions. Fold in 2 cups flaked coconut. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake cake until top is golden brown and tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour 10 minutes. Cool cake in pan 5 minutes. Turn cake out onto rack; cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar and remaining 1/4 cup coconut milk in medium bowl to blend. Spoon glaze over cake. Top with additional coconut, if desired.