- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 20
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for coating
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for coating
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and arrange rack in the middle. Coat a 9-inch spring-form pan with butter and flour and set aside.
- Combine all streusel ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well incorporated and clumped. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the cake: Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl until aerated and lumps are broken up; set aside.
- Put the medium sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat over medium speed until light and airy. Add the yogurt and mix well. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- With a spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just moistened through. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the streusel over the top and press into the batter slightly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and just a few crumbs remain. 50-60 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and cool at least 20 minutes before unmolding from the pan & serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Summertime SippersSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More