- Cooking Time: 55
- Servings: 10-12
- Preparation Time: 20
- Streusel Topping:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted, plus more for coating
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for coating
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt, at room temperature
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F and arrange rack in the middle. Coat a 9-inch spring-form pan with butter and flour and set aside.
- Combine all streusel ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well incorporated and clumped. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the cake: Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl until aerated and lumps are broken up; set aside.
- Put the medium sugar and butter in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat over medium speed until light and airy. Add the yogurt and mix well. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.
- With a spoon or rubber spatula, stir in the flour mixture until just moistened through. Do not over mix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the streusel over the top and press into the batter slightly. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and just a few crumbs remain. 50-60 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and cool at least 20 minutes before unmolding from the pan & serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Rainbows Of Vegan Love
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More