- 1 cup BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves , cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 cup apricot preserves (optional)
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (optional)
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
Mix coconut, flour, salt, pepper and garlic powder in medium bowl. Dip chicken strips into egg, then coat with coconut mixture. Place in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with melted butter.
Bake 25 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through, turning once. Serve with Apricot Dipping Sauce, if desired.
Apricot Dipping Sauce: Mix 1 cup apricot preserves and 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard until well blended.