- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 7 egg yolks
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt mixing well. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and add the vegetable oil, egg yolks, water, vanilla extract, and coconut extract. Beat until smooth.
- cream of tartar until stiff peaks form. Pour the egg yolk mixture gradually over the beaten egg whites and fold until just blended. Fold in the flaked coconut. Pour batter into an ungreased 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 55 minutes. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and bake for 10 to 15 minutes longer. Top will spring back when touched lightly. Turn pan upside down until cake is cool before removing from pan. Remove cooled cake from pan and frost if desired.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More