- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (6 oz) pkg frozen flake grated coconut thawed (1 3/4 cups); (Tropic Isle)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut flavoring
- Beat butter, shortening, and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in coconut, vanilla, and coconut flavoring.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- You must SAVE this recipe
NotesI had a wonderful Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe that I had been using for years. Then, I saw this one. After putting it back several times into my recipe box, I decided to try it. This is now my favorite Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake. I never make the other one anymore.
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew JudsonSee More
Eggs in a Bag
Arugula Cauliflower Salad
Cheddar BurgersSee More