- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (6 oz) pkg frozen flake grated coconut thawed (1 3/4 cups); (Tropic Isle)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp coconut flavoring
- Beat butter, shortening, and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer for 2 minutes or until creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating 5-7 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each addition just until yellow disappears.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; add to butter mixture, beating at low speed just until blended. Stir in coconut, vanilla, and coconut flavoring.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour and 30 to 40 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
- You must SAVE this recipe
NotesI had a wonderful Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake Recipe that I had been using for years. Then, I saw this one. After putting it back several times into my recipe box, I decided to try it. This is now my favorite Coconut Cream Cheese Pound Cake. I never make the other one anymore.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Three Sweet Spring Treats from Saddlebred Rescue, Inc.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More