- Cooking Time: 7 minutes or less
- Servings: 4-1 cup servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon lite salt -optional
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup fat free sweetened condensed skim milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Broil coconut on a cookie sheet for 15 seconds or until toasty brown
- Set aside
- Bring salt and water to a boil in a medium size pan
- Add oats,
- Cook 1 minute stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, coconut extract and toasted coconut
- Stir until ingredients are well blended
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Oatmeal will thicken as it sits, yet will still have a creamy consistency.
- Serve warm
NotesWhile visiting a "Yard Sale" given for the medical needs of a 2 year old boy with cancer, I stumbled across several recipe books....I bought them all. One was calledBusy Poeople's Low Fat Cookbook. compiled by a lady named Dawn Hall. Some are so simple and yield a lovely,lite, and quick meal.
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at PesahSee More
Black Raspberry Chip Ice Cream
Chicken with Asparagus and Pine Nuts
Bacon And Cabbage SoupSee More