- Cooking Time: 7 minutes or less
- Servings: 4-1 cup servings
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon lite salt -optional
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/2 cup fat free sweetened condensed skim milk
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- Broil coconut on a cookie sheet for 15 seconds or until toasty brown
- Set aside
- Bring salt and water to a boil in a medium size pan
- Add oats,
- Cook 1 minute stirring occasionally
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, coconut extract and toasted coconut
- Stir until ingredients are well blended
- Let sit for 2-3 minutes.
- Oatmeal will thicken as it sits, yet will still have a creamy consistency.
- Serve warm
NotesWhile visiting a "Yard Sale" given for the medical needs of a 2 year old boy with cancer, I stumbled across several recipe books....I bought them all. One was calledBusy Poeople's Low Fat Cookbook. compiled by a lady named Dawn Hall. Some are so simple and yield a lovely,lite, and quick meal.
Babette's Test Kitchen
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Righteous Indignation Raspberry-Nut Bars
Mini Chicken Pot Pies
Lemon Blueberry BreadSee More