- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 sleeve (18) graham crackers
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup flour or 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (add a tablespoon of bourbon, if preferred)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 tablespoon coconut
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Place graham crackers and pecans in blender or food processor and pulse chop until mixture is fine. Stir in sugar and cinnamon. Add melted butter and mix until incorporated.
- Press graham cracker mixture into a 9" pie plate. Bake in preheated oven for 6-9 minutes, or until edges turn golden. Allow crust to cool completely.
- In medium saucepan, whisk together the flour or cornstarch and the sugar. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Heat over medium heat until mixture starts to thicken and bubble. Beat 1 cup of the pudding into the egg yolks and then add the yolks to the pudding in the pan. Continue to cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla, and coconut. Pour coconut pudding into the cooled crust, place plastic wrap on top of the pudding and chill for several hours.
- Place 1 tablespoon coconut on a non-stick piece of foil and put in toaster oven. Bake at 350 degrees for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown (watch carefully--it can burn quickly). Set aside.
- Whip whipping cream with powdered sugar and vanilla. Top the chilled pie with the whipping cream and sprinkle with the toasted coconut.
NotesIt's just better homemade, isn't it? To this recipe, I added some pecans and cinnamon to the crust to jazz it up a little. Make it for mom.
Cooking for a family in Korea: notes of an ex-pat wife
The Naked Macaron
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & SmoothiesSee More
Susan's Spicy Mac And Cheese Ala Karl: Desperate Housewives
Soggy Saturday Wings by C.C. Chapman
Recipe in a Jar by Kodak Easy ShareSee More