- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 pound (2 packages) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 pound (3 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1-1/2 pounds icing sugar, sifted
- Sift the icing sugar into a bowl and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the cream cheese and the butter until light and well-mixed, about 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut extract and mix well.
- Add the icing sugar and mix until smooth.
- Frost the cupcakes to your heart's content.
NotesThe original recipe uses vanilla extract and almond extract. As I am all about coconut, I have changed the recipe to vanilla extract and coconut extract in the cupcakes and coconut extract in the frosting.