- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 c cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 6 oz. unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 c sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 c buttermilk
- 8 oz. sweetened flake coconut
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Line cupcake tin with paper liners.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a medium mixing bowl, and set the bowl aside.
- Break eggs into a small bowl, add vanilla and almond extract and whisk lightly and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy (3-5 minutes). With the mixture running add the eggs, vanilla and almond extracts.
- On low speed, add the flour mixture and buttermilk by alternating between 1 cupcake flour and 1/2 c buttermilk (make sure you start and end with flour).
- Add half the coconut and mix until incorporated.
- Fill each cupcake liner with batter using a spoon or ice-cream scoop. The batter will be thick and should almost reach the top of the tin.
- Bake cupcakes for 25-30 minutes or until the tooth pick comes out clean from the center.
- Remove cupcakes from oven and allow them to cool briefly in pan before transferring them on to a wire rack to completely cool for 45 minutes. Each cupcake will seem greasy.
- Once cooled, generously frost them with the cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with remaining coconut.
NotesThese are very yummy and moist and if you are into coconut you won't find any better.
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day Feast
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More