- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 325. Line muffin pan with 12 cups.
- In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients (this doesn't include the coconut) thoroughly.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and beat until fluffy.
- Add buttermilk and vanilla and combine.
- Gradually add flour mixture until just combined.
- Fold in coconut.
- Fill each cup 3/4 of the way.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool and frost.
NotesBackstory: I got the cupcake recipe from http://coconutlime.blogspot.com/ and the frosting from Epicurious. At the time, I only had a muffin tin that made 6. I thought I would be clevar and "make" one out of a cake pan and various foil snakes. It's not so much a good idea. I went out and bought a 12-cup muffin tin the next day.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
20+ Pumpkin Recipes!
"Pretty Food" for the home ChefSee More
Chicken Cordon Bleu
Fudgy Caramel DelightSee More