- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- For the cupcakes:
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- For the vanilla frosting:
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat an oven to 375°F. Line a 12-well muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a bowl, using a wooden spoon, stir together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together the butter, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each one is added. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the bowl with a spatula.
- Add half of the flour mixture and beat on low speed just until blended. Add the yogurt and beat until smooth. Add the rest of the flour mixture and the coconut and beat just until blended. Turn off the mixer and scrape down the bowl with the spatula.
- Fill each lined cup mostly full with batter.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a cooling rack for 20 minutes. Tip the cupcakes out of the pan onto the rack and let cool completely.
- In a bowl, using the electric mixer, beat together the butter, confectioners' sugar, cream, vanilla, and salt on low speed until smooth, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the 2 cups coconut into a shallow bowl.
- Using an icing spatula, frost the top of each cupcake, mounding the icing in the center. Holding the bottom of each cupcake, roll the frosted top in the coconut.
NotesI'm not sure if these are as good as Babette's, but they are pretty tasty. The recipe is from Williams-Sonoma.
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
The Help Cookbook: Food and Friendship
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Salted Caramel - Sauce and/or squares
All the food groups in one dish...if you consider tomatoes a fruit :)!
Hanky PankySee More