COCONUT CURRY (NOODLES AND COMPANY BANGKOK CURRY)
- Servings: 6-8
- 1 lb rice noodles (from your favorite Asian market)
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 cup carrots (matchstick or julienne cut)
- ½ cup scallions (cut on the bias)
- ½ cup red peppers (matchstick or julienne cut)
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (peeled & chopped)
- 1 tbsp Thai curry paste (red or green)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 can “lite”coconut milk (from your favorite Asian market)
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce, low sodium (from your favorite Asian market)
- ½ cup sweet chile sauce (from your favorite Asian market)
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds (from your favorite Asian market)
- 24 shrimp (16-20 peeled & de-veined)
1. Soak noodles in lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Drain and cool in ice water. Drain, let rest & toss with oil.
2. Blanch broccoli & carrots in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, cool down in ice water, drain and set aside.
3. Place large sauté pan over high heat. Add canola oil and sautéed mushrooms until lightly golden.
4. Add shrimp, coconut milk and Thai curry paste.
5. Add carrots, broccoli, peppers, scallions, ginger, sweet chile sauce, sweet soy, and noodles to pan in that order. Toss once or twice to coat all ingredients well with sauce.
6. Place on platter and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
Website Credit: http://www.coloradoconnection.com/community/story.aspx?id=408948