- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6-8
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb rice noodles (from your favorite Asian market)
- 1 cup broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1 cup carrots (matchstick or julienne cut)
- ½ cup scallions (cut on the bias)
- ½ cup red peppers (matchstick or julienne cut)
- 1 cup fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger (peeled & chopped)
- 1 tbsp Thai curry paste (red or green)
- 1 tbsp canola oil
- 1 can “lite”coconut milk (from your favorite Asian market)
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce, low sodium (from your favorite Asian market)
- ½ cup sweet chile sauce (from your favorite Asian market)
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds (from your favorite Asian market)
- 24 shrimp (16-20 peeled & de-veined)
- 1. Soak noodles in lukewarm water for 30 minutes. Drain and cool in ice water. Drain, let rest & toss with oil.
- 2. Blanch broccoli & carrots in boiling water for 1 minute. Drain, cool down in ice water, drain and set aside.
- 3. Place large sauté pan over high heat. Add canola oil and sautéed mushrooms until lightly golden.
- 4. Add shrimp, coconut milk and Thai curry paste.
- 5. Add carrots, broccoli, peppers, scallions, ginger, sweet chile sauce, sweet soy, and noodles to pan in that order. Toss once or twice to coat all ingredients well with sauce.
- 6. Place on platter and sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Paul's Food World Volume 1
Watt's Cooking in PA?See More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More