- Cooking Time: 45-50 min.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 2 lbs. mussels, cleaned (be sure to toss out any cracked or opened mussels)
- 1/2 lb. red potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 stalk lemongrass (or just the core if you can find it that way)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp. red curry powder
- 1 teaspoon biryani medium/hot curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 limes
- 3 scallions, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove outer leaves of lemon grass and slice the core into thin strips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk red curry powder and curry paste into coconut milk. Add lemongrass and juice of half one lime and set aside.
- Slice remaining limes into wedges for garnish.
- In a roasting pan or large baking dish, season potatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Pour coconut milk mixture over potatoes and add tomatoes and mussels. Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until mussels are opened.
- Divide mussels and vegetables into 4 large bowls.
- Spoon sauce evenly into bowls.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over each portion and sprinkle with scallions and cilantro. Serve immediately.
NotesOne of my potential entries into the Coconut and Lime Blogiversary Recipe Contest!