- Cooking Time: 45-50 min.
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 20 min.
- 2 lbs. mussels, cleaned (be sure to toss out any cracked or opened mussels)
- 1/2 lb. red potatoes, scrubbed and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 stalk lemongrass (or just the core if you can find it that way)
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp. red curry powder
- 1 teaspoon biryani medium/hot curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 limes
- 3 scallions, chopped
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Remove outer leaves of lemon grass and slice the core into thin strips.
- In a medium bowl, whisk red curry powder and curry paste into coconut milk. Add lemongrass and juice of half one lime and set aside.
- Slice remaining limes into wedges for garnish.
- In a roasting pan or large baking dish, season potatoes with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
- Pour coconut milk mixture over potatoes and add tomatoes and mussels. Return to oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until mussels are opened.
- Divide mussels and vegetables into 4 large bowls.
- Spoon sauce evenly into bowls.
- Squeeze a lime wedge over each portion and sprinkle with scallions and cilantro. Serve immediately.
NotesOne of my potential entries into the Coconut and Lime Blogiversary Recipe Contest!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Taste of CenturyLink
$30 Wine+Food PairingsSee More
Cocktail (The V)
Angel Acres Feel Better Chicken Noodle Soup
Twisted Shirley TempleSee More