Coconut Curry Shrimp Soup
2 Tbs. vegetable oil
1 medium onion, diced
1 stalk celery, sliced
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and de-veined, thawed if frozen
1 can slivered water chestnuts, drained
2 1/2 tsp. curry powder, or more to taste
Two 14 1/2-oz cans low-sodium chicken broth
14-oz. can unsweetened coconut milk
14-oz. can plum tomatoes, with their juice
juice of one lime
ground black pepper
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add onion, celery and curry powder and cook, stirring, until softened and just
beginning to brown.
3. Add chicken broth, coconut milk and tomatoes, stirring to break up tomatoes.
4. Add shrimp and water chestnuts.
5. Bring soup to a simmer and cook about 10 minutes.
6. Add limejuice and salt and pepper to taste.
7. Ladle soup into bowls, sprinkle with cilantro if desired, and serve.
Pairs Well With
I saw this on "Pairings with Andrea" and had to try it the same night! It's really easy, and my husband and I really enjoyed it.
Coconut Milk, Curry Shrimp Soup
Pairings with Andrea : Episode FLPWA-203L