- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time:
- 2 bunches green onions, wash and trim off root end
- 1-14 ounce can light coconut milk
- 3-4 Tbsp soy or tamari sauce (reduced sodium)
- 1/2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1-2 teaspoons chili paste with garlic (find with Thai foods in the grocery store)
- 1 lb. firm or extra-firm tofu (drain water and cut into 3/4 inch cubes)
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes (may use canned), cut into pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms (I use shiitake) - cut off stems and slice thickly
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, coarsely chopped (find in the produce section of the grocery store or your garden during the growing season)
- 4 cups coarsely chopped greens of your choice (kale, collards, swiss chard, bok choy or spinach)
- salt to taste (I don't use any)
- Cut white and green part of onions into 2 inch diagonal pieces. Finely chop some of the green stems for garnish and reserve.
- In a Dutch oven or large kettle, combine coconut milk, 3 Tbsp. soy sauce, brown sugar, curry powder, ginger and 1 teaspoon chili paste. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Then add tofu, tomatoes, bell pepper, mushrooms, basil, greens, and green onion pieces.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes more or until veggies are tender.
- Adjust seasonings with soy sauce, chile paste, and salt.
- Garnish with reserved chopped green onion.
- Serve immediately.
- Very good served over brown rice. I use organic Basmati rice (nothing smells sooo good!) by Lundberg Farms. Served with whole grain bread, a green salad, and fresh fruit completes the meal.
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Broccoli Chicken Casserole
SLOW COOKER BBQ COUNTRY RIBS
TUNA PARFAIT ON JAPANESE SWEET POTATO TEMPURA AND TEMPURA GREEN ONIONS WITH SAKE SOY GLAZESee More