- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 7 cups powdered 10X sugar
- 3 cups flaked coconut
- 2 sticks margarine
- 1 can evaporated milk (one can is more than enough)
- Dipping chocolate
- Place 10X sugar in a large bowl.
- Add margarine and work into sugar by rubbing sugar and margarine between palms of hands.
- Add cocunut and mix well (don't even try to use a mixer -- this all has to be done by hand)
- Add enough milk (a little at a time) until candy forms a soft ball.
- If it's too wet, add more sugar.
- Work candy until smooth and creamy by kneading it like bread dough.
- Form into small eggs (they will be bigger after dipped in chocolate), place on cookie sheet covered in waxed paper, and refrigerate for about an hour.
- Melt chocolate (don't overheat it or it will get lumpy, and nothing can correct that).
- Dip eggs, and place on cookie sheet with clean wax paper
NotesThis is also from my Great Aunt Theda. I haven't actually tried these yet, but I'll let you know how they are/post a picture when I do.