- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 5 cups heavy cream
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 pound (4 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 9 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- Place cream, sugar, and butter in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until sugar is dissolved
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together cornstarch, vanilla, and 1 tablespoon water. Add to cream mixture, bring to a boil, and simmer until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Place coconut in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until coconut is finely chopped. Remove cream mixture from heat and stir in coconut until well combined. Transfer to a large baking dish; let cool.
- Cover filling with plastic wrap and chill overnight. Just before using, place mixture in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat until smooth and creamy, 4 to 5 minutes
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
Babette's Test Kitchen
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Salmon & Spinach Pesto Pasta
Antipasto for Kids (Gluten-Free)See More