- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked sushi rice or other short grain rice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light coconut milk
- Dash of salt
- Cooking spray
- 10 orange sections
- 20 fresh rasberries
- 1 (6 ounce) container fat free vanilla yogurt
- 1.) Bring water and rice to a boil in a medium saucepan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until water is almost absorbed.Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 15 minutes.
- 2.) Place rice in a large bowl. Add sugar, coconut milk, and salt, stirring gently until well combined. Cover and let stand 20 minutes.
- 3.) Lightly coat hands with cooking spray. Divide rice mixture into 20 equal portions, shaping each into a ball (about 1 rounded tablespoon each). Lightly press each rice ball into an oval on a baking sheet lined with wax paper . Top each of 10 ovals with 1 orange section, pressing gently to adhere. (If it won't stick, use a dab of honey.) Top the remaining 10 sections with 2 rasberries. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve with yogurt for dipping.
- You can try this with other fruits but this is just what the recipe suggested. And if you want to be really crazy try dipping it into flavored yogurt.
NotesI got this out of a magazine years ago and have altered it a bit, so feel free to get crazy with it yourself.
You can try this with other fruits but this is just what the recipe suggested. And if you want to be really crazy try dipping it into flavored yogurt.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)See More
Oreo Cookie Balls
Crispy Chicken Strips
Star Anise Spice CakeSee More