- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 48
- Preparation Time: 20
- Irish Cream Center:
- 15 oz of Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 3 oz heavy cream
- 3 oz Bailey’s Irish Cream liqueur
- 15 oz Ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
- 14 oz bag of Bakers shredded coconut
- Irish Cream Center:
- Very simply, melt the chips in a large glass bowl over a pan of simmering water, being careful that the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- As soon as the chocolate is melted, remove from heat and whisk in the cream and the Bailey’s and pour into an 8 inch glass baking dish.
- Cover with saran and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- When you are getting ready to assemble them, scoop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto a baking tray lined with parchment.
- After you have scooped them all, roll them into balls and put the tray into the refrigerator to firm up at least another half hour to an hour.
- This part can also be prepped a day in advance.
- Melt the chocolate using the same format as above.
- Whisk until it is smooth and creamy.
- Spread the coconut onto a baking sheet, separating any clumps with your fingers.
- Take the chilled Irish Cream balls out of the refrigerator.
- Using a fork, dip them one at a time into the chocolate and then drop them into the coconut.
- Sprinkle a little coconut on the top and lightly roll from one side of the pan to the other.
- Let it sit for a minute while you do a few more.
- Remove the balls that have been sitting in coconut to a wire rack.
- Repeat the process until all are coated.
- I used two forks, one for dipping into chocolate, another for lifting the coconut covered balls to the wire rack.
- I also changed dipping forks several times if the coating became too thick on the fork.
- I also kept the pan of water simmering on the stove and occasionally set the bowl of dipping chocolate on top to stir and loosen it up if it became too thick.
- Gently remove the truffles from the rack into small paper cups and refrigerate.
- Bring to room temperature before serving.
NotesJust a little break from summer fruit! : )
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Austin Personal Training RecipesSee More
Super-Simple Snickers Pies
Cilantro Pork Tamales
PUmpkin Carrot Swirl BarsSee More