- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick plus 2 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 eggs -- beaten
- 1 cup almonds -- chopped
- 2 cups light brown sugar -- firmly packed
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press crust into ungreased 10 by 15-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix eggs, nuts, brown sugar, and coconut until well blended; spread over baked crust.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until set.
- While still warm, loosen the edges with a metal spatula. Mix together the powdered sugar, lime juice, and zest with a fork. Working quickly, spread the lime paste all over the top with a spatula while still warm. Let cool to room temperature and cut into bars. Cut 11 cuts crosswise and 3 cuts lengthwise.
- NOTES : Recipe courtesy Bonnye Jolley
NotesOh so good!!!
Recipe By :Calling All Cooks
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or PartySee More
Refreshing Grapefruit Sangria
CRISPY BAKED RAVIOLISee More