- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick plus 2 1/2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 eggs -- beaten
- 1 cup almonds -- chopped
- 2 cups light brown sugar -- firmly packed
- 3 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, sugar, and salt in a bowl. Cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse meal. Press crust into ungreased 10 by 15-inch baking pan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix eggs, nuts, brown sugar, and coconut until well blended; spread over baked crust.
- Bake an additional 30 minutes or until set.
- While still warm, loosen the edges with a metal spatula. Mix together the powdered sugar, lime juice, and zest with a fork. Working quickly, spread the lime paste all over the top with a spatula while still warm. Let cool to room temperature and cut into bars. Cut 11 cuts crosswise and 3 cuts lengthwise.
- NOTES : Recipe courtesy Bonnye Jolley
NotesOh so good!!!
Recipe By :Calling All Cooks
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
The Cookbook to Defy Disease and Decay - Your Prescription to an Anti-Inflammatory LifeSee More
Savoury Gluntinous Rice
Bruschetta with Tomato and BasilSee More