- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 homemade or refrigerated ready-to-roll piecrust
- 1 can (15oz.) cream of coconut
- 2 boxes (3 oz. each) cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 jar (4 oz) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place piecrust into 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges. Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the cream of coconut. In a medium-size saucepan, mix remaining cream of coconut, pudding mix and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil and is very thick, about 18 minutes. Take off heat and stir in half of the nuts.
- Pour filling into the cooled piecrust and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Whip cream and reserved 3 tablespoons cream of coconut to stiff peaks. Spread over top of pie. Top with remaining nuts and toasted coconut. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight
NotesI found this recipe in this months Family Circle. It is from Donna Scott. I wanted a coconut cream pie for dessert on Easter and this one sounded perfect except for the Macadamia nuts, so I decided to just leave them out.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Angel Acres Super Scrumptious Cookie Recipes!See More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More