- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 homemade or refrigerated ready-to-roll piecrust
- 1 can (15oz.) cream of coconut
- 2 boxes (3 oz. each) cook and serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1 jar (4 oz) macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup shredded coconut, toasted
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place piecrust into 9-inch pie plate and crimp edges. Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of the cream of coconut. In a medium-size saucepan, mix remaining cream of coconut, pudding mix and milk. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a full boil and is very thick, about 18 minutes. Take off heat and stir in half of the nuts.
- Pour filling into the cooled piecrust and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Whip cream and reserved 3 tablespoons cream of coconut to stiff peaks. Spread over top of pie. Top with remaining nuts and toasted coconut. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or overnight
NotesI found this recipe in this months Family Circle. It is from Donna Scott. I wanted a coconut cream pie for dessert on Easter and this one sounded perfect except for the Macadamia nuts, so I decided to just leave them out.