- Cooking Time: 15 to 20
- Servings: 20
- Preparation Time:
- 2 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I prefer unsweetened baking chocolate)
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine coconut, sugar, egg whites, and vanilla making sure they are fully mixed.
- It helps to use your hands.
- Make small balls of this mixture and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (very important these stick horribly otherwise).
- Bake until lightly browned, about 15-20 minutes. Cool.
- Once cooled combine chocolate and cream and melt. Should only take about 30 seconds in the microwave.
- Do not overheat.
- Mix well and dip the tops of the macaroons in the chocolate.
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Best Mediterranean Baked Stuffed Chicken
Melt Your Heart Pizza
Paleo Flank Steak with Chimichurri SauceSee More