- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large egg whites, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.
NotesI made these for Passover this year, and they were a huge hit. Macaroons are one of the few cookie-type baked goods that do not contain flour, so I was all over it! The recipe came from Barefoot Contessa.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
Peanut Butter Chocolate and Banana Chip Cookies
NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE PETIT FOURSSee More