- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Preparation Time:
- 14 ounces sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large egg whites, at room temperature
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
- Whip the egg whites and salt on high speed in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until they make medium-firm peaks. Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.
NotesI made these for Passover this year, and they were a huge hit. Macaroons are one of the few cookie-type baked goods that do not contain flour, so I was all over it! The recipe came from Barefoot Contessa.
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Delicious Recipes Made EasySee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More