- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Servings: 20 to 22
- Preparation Time:
- 14 ozs. sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 ozs. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (I think almond extract would be good, too.)
- 2 extra large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 Deg F.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and extract in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites and salt on high speed until they make medium-firm peaks. (If you have an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, use that).
- This is a very important step.
- Make sure to get those peaks.
- Be patient!
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons. (Or, really, whatever size you like!)
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.
- You can also melt some chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the macaroons after they are cooled.
NotesThis is a Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten) recipe (love her!)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Second Grade Holiday Cookbook
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
Home cookingSee More
Curried Eggplant with Coconut Milk
Cube Steaks Paprika
Crockpot Rice Pork ChopsSee More