- Cooking Time: 25 to 30
- Servings: 20 to 22
- Preparation Time:
- 14 ozs. sweetened shredded coconut
- 14 ozs. sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (I think almond extract would be good, too.)
- 2 extra large egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325 Deg F.
- Combine the coconut, condensed milk, and extract in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites and salt on high speed until they make medium-firm peaks. (If you have an electric mixer with a whisk attachment, use that).
- This is a very important step.
- Make sure to get those peaks.
- Be patient!
- Carefully fold the egg whites into the coconut mixture.
- Drop the batter onto sheet pans lined with parchment paper using either a 1 3/4-inch diameter ice cream scoop, or 2 teaspoons. (Or, really, whatever size you like!)
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until golden brown. Cool and serve.
- You can also melt some chocolate and drizzle it over the top of the macaroons after they are cooled.
NotesThis is a Barefoot Contessa (Ina Garten) recipe (love her!)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler! Delicious Recipes For Any Get Together or Party
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. WelchSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More