- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 ½ cups (7 oz.) shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 egg whites (½ cup)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- Mix all ingredients in large bowl.
- Drop by teaspoon onto lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Press a half maraschino cherry on top of each.
- Bake at 325 just until edges start to brown.
- Remove from baking sheets to wire racks to cool.
- Makes about 2 ½ dozen cookies.
- (Note: save egg yolks for "Lemon Spritz Cookies")
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
MetroCooking DC 2013
Italy or BustSee More
One Bowl Pineapple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
Garam Masala Cream Soup
Crustless Mini QuichesSee More