- Cooking Time: 18 to 20 minutes
- Servings: 28 cookies
- Preparation Time: about 15 minutes
- 1 1/3 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract*
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt; stir in egg whites and vanilla; mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets (I had to use only one); bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden brown; remove to wire racks to cool.
NotesI found the recipe for these sweet and delightful little cookies in the Taste Of Home Cookbook, and it was submitted by Penny Ann Gilliman of Shawano, Wisconsin. *Instead of using vanilla extract, I used almond because it was all I had, but they still turned out very good!
DIY Tasty Gift Ideas
Have Your Cake and EAT IT TOO! Allergen-Free Desserts Everyone Can Enjoy
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Fojos (Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes with Ancho Chili and Whipped Cream)
Crab And Shrimp Pasta
Graham Cracker Peanut Butter Balls (Truffles)See More