- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 25-30
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThese are also from the Icelandic Recipie Club that got really popular. One of my favourites!
- The Cakes:
- 2 Eggwhites
- 100g Sugar
- 125g Grated Coconut
- 1 1/2 dl Whipping Cream
- 2 Tsp Icing Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Grated Zest of Lime
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Whisk eggwhites and sugar til stiff, ca 4 minutes. Combine the coconut carefully with a spatula.
- Using 2 teaspoons put little cakes on a baking pan and dot a bit down to make them more flat than edgy. You may have to put them on more than one baking pan. Then make sure the baking pan you put them on is cool. Best to have 3 baking pans in use at a time, like when baking cookies :)
- Whip the Cream and add the rest and combine. Put one teaspoon between two cakes. Best to put them together on the bottom. i.e. let two bottoms of cakes kiss with the cream.
- This serving makes 25 to 30 cakes, so it´s ideal to double it. Can be kept in the Freezer.
- Lovely with a sip of Champagne or a nice cup of coffee