- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 25-30
- Preparation Time:
- The Cakes:
- 2 Eggwhites
- 100g Sugar
- 125g Grated Coconut
- 1 1/2 dl Whipping Cream
- 2 Tsp Icing Sugar
- 1/2 Tsp Grated Zest of Lime
- 2 Tbsp Lime Juice
- Whisk eggwhites and sugar til stiff, ca 4 minutes. Combine the coconut carefully with a spatula.
- Using 2 teaspoons put little cakes on a baking pan and dot a bit down to make them more flat than edgy. You may have to put them on more than one baking pan. Then make sure the baking pan you put them on is cool. Best to have 3 baking pans in use at a time, like when baking cookies :)
- Whip the Cream and add the rest and combine. Put one teaspoon between two cakes. Best to put them together on the bottom. i.e. let two bottoms of cakes kiss with the cream.
- This serving makes 25 to 30 cakes, so it´s ideal to double it. Can be kept in the Freezer.
- Lovely with a sip of Champagne or a nice cup of coffee
NotesThese are also from the Icelandic Recipie Club that got really popular. One of my favourites!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Grandma Helen's Amazing Kolaches
Lemon Cucumber Tofu Salad
POTATO FRITTERSSee More