- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 lb. boneless checkin breast cut into strips (or chicken tenders)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 - 15 ounce cans black beans
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Cook rice according to package instructions, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning once,, until browned, about 3 minutes each side.
- Add chicken broth.
- Lower heat and simmer for 3 minutes, scraping up browned bits.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add coconut milk to the skillet, increase the heat and boil to reduce by half (about 4 minutes)
- Stir in the mango and cook until warmed through.
- Return the chicken to the pan, toss and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, simmer black beans in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in lime juice and 3/4 of mint.
- Divide beans and rice among plates
- Top with chicken and remaining mint
NotesA quick dinner we made one night with Allie . . . . turns out it was the first time she ever cooked!
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal Helpings
Food Travels Through ItalySee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More