- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1 lb. boneless checkin breast cut into strips (or chicken tenders)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 - 15 ounce cans black beans
- Juice of one lime
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Cook rice according to package instructions, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over med high heat.
- Add chicken and cook, turning once,, until browned, about 3 minutes each side.
- Add chicken broth.
- Lower heat and simmer for 3 minutes, scraping up browned bits.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Add coconut milk to the skillet, increase the heat and boil to reduce by half (about 4 minutes)
- Stir in the mango and cook until warmed through.
- Return the chicken to the pan, toss and remove from heat.
- Meanwhile, simmer black beans in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in lime juice and 3/4 of mint.
- Divide beans and rice among plates
- Top with chicken and remaining mint
NotesA quick dinner we made one night with Allie . . . . turns out it was the first time she ever cooked!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cupcake Wars Winning Blueberry Pancake Cupcake Recipe
Growers' Giveback Potluck
MetroCooking DC 2013See More
Pineapple-Black Bean Enchiladas
Mascarpone Brownies With Honey Chocolate Sauce
Chicken RollupsSee More