- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstorySuch a cute addition to the each place setting at the holiday meal
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- 3 to 4 drops green or other food color
- 1-1/4 cups Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2/3 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon butter
- HERSHEY'S Candy-Coated Milk Chocolate Eggs
- Combine water and food color in small bowl or small jar with cover or re-sealable plastic bag.
- Add coconut; toss with fork or shake closed jar or plastic bag until coconut is evenly coated.
- Microwave marshmallows and butter in medium microwave-safe bowl 30 seconds at HIGH (100%); stir.
- If necessary, microwave an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred.
- Stir in tinted coconut.
- Line tray or cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Drop coconut mixture in 12 equal mounds onto prepared tray.
- Shape coconut mounds with moistened fingers into small nest shapes. Cool completely.
- Allow to air dry until slightly hardened.
- Fill with milk chocolate eggs.
- 12 nests