- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 c Pecans ground
- 2 c Coconut
- 1/4 c Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in one inch strips
- 1/2 inch of Peanut oil in a cast iron skillet at 350 degrees
- DIPPING SAUCE
- 3 TB Orange Blossom Honey
- 3 TB Bitter Orange marmalade (Such as Dundee, in the white jar)
- 1 TB Tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp German Brown mustard
- Process nuts until finely chopped.
- Combine with coconut in a dish.
- Put flour in another dish.
- Beat the eggs in a third dish.
- Dredge chicken in flour, then egg, then nut mixture.
- Cook, 6 pieces at a time in hot oil at 350° 4-6 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
- Drain on Paper towels.
- Whisk sauce ingredients together and serve with chicken.
NotesI don't normally fry food, but this is REALLY good. As a treat of course.