COCONUT PECAN CHICKEN
- 3/4 c Pecans ground
- 2 c Coconut
- 1/4 c Flour
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts cut in one inch strips
- 1/2 inch of Peanut oil in a cast iron skillet at 350 degrees
- DIPPING SAUCE
- 3 TB Orange Blossom Honey
- 3 TB Bitter Orange marmalade (Such as Dundee, in the white jar)
- 1 TB Tamari soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp German Brown mustard
Process nuts until finely chopped.
Combine with coconut in a dish.
Put flour in another dish.
Beat the eggs in a third dish.
Dredge chicken in flour, then egg, then nut mixture.
Cook, 6 pieces at a time in hot oil at 350° 4-6 minutes until golden brown, turning once.
Drain on Paper towels.
Whisk sauce ingredients together and serve with chicken.