- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temp
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temp
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened grated coconut, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds.
- Stop the machine.
- Add the confectioners sugar, a bit at a time, blending with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla, then increase the mixer speed to medium, and blend the frosting until fluffy, 1 minute more.
- Fold in the coconut and pecans.
NotesFor this recipe I use a store bought Butter Pecan cake mix, but the best part is the homemade frosting from The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn!
Blogged at http://howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Summertime SippersSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More