- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, at room temp
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, at room temp
- 2-1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup frozen unsweetened grated coconut, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Place the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined, 30 seconds.
- Stop the machine.
- Add the confectioners sugar, a bit at a time, blending with the mixer on low speed until the sugar is well incorporated, 1 minute.
- Add the vanilla, then increase the mixer speed to medium, and blend the frosting until fluffy, 1 minute more.
- Fold in the coconut and pecans.
NotesFor this recipe I use a store bought Butter Pecan cake mix, but the best part is the homemade frosting from The Cake Mix Doctor by Anne Byrn!
Blogged at http://howtoeatacupcake.blogspot.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Brownies: Baking Outside the Box
Thanksgiving With The Singing Vegan
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' RecipesSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More