- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 - 9 inch pie shell (raw)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Dark Corn syrup
- 3 Eggs, Well Beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla or 1/2 of a scraped Vanilla Bean
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, Ground
- 1/2 Cup Pecan halves, for Decoration
- Preheat Oven to 250 degrees
- Cream Butter & Brown Sugar together.
- Add the Corn Syrup and mix well.
- Add Eggs, Vanilla & Salt and stir until combined.
- Fold in the Coconut & the chopped Pecans.
- Pour into 9 inch shallow pie shell.
- Place Pecan halves on top of mixture in a design radiating out from the center.
- Bake in oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- If the shell browns too quickly, place thin strips of foil around the edge, although this should not occur due to the low cooking temperature.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before cutting, this allows the interior to set.
NotesThis is one of my family's favorites; THANKS MOM!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I'm Making Cookies! with Douglas E. Welch
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Pies, wonderful pies! Both sweet and savoury.See More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More