- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis is one of my family's favorites; THANKS MOM!
- 1 - 9 inch pie shell (raw)
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Dark Corn syrup
- 3 Eggs, Well Beaten
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla or 1/2 of a scraped Vanilla Bean
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
- 1/2 Cup Pecans, Ground
- 1/2 Cup Pecan halves, for Decoration
- Preheat Oven to 250 degrees
- Cream Butter & Brown Sugar together.
- Add the Corn Syrup and mix well.
- Add Eggs, Vanilla & Salt and stir until combined.
- Fold in the Coconut & the chopped Pecans.
- Pour into 9 inch shallow pie shell.
- Place Pecan halves on top of mixture in a design radiating out from the center.
- Bake in oven for 60 to 70 minutes.
- If the shell browns too quickly, place thin strips of foil around the edge, although this should not occur due to the low cooking temperature.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature before cutting, this allows the interior to set.