- Cooking Time: 12-15
- Servings: 16
- Preparation Time: 5
- Heaping 1/4 cup sugar
- Scant 1/2 cup egg whites (about 3 eggs)
- 3/4 lb (Scant 2 1/2 cups) sweetened coconut flakes
- 1//4 cup chopped green unsalted pistachios *
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Drop mixture onto the parchment covered cookie sheets by teaspoonfuls, leaving 2 inches between cookies. Dip a fork into lukewarm water and use the back of the tines to flaten the cookies into rounds about 2 inches across.
- Bake until golden for about 12 minutes **. Let the cookies cool completely on the cookie sheets. Remove carefully with a thin metel spatula.
- * - I used salted pistachios and they still came out money.
- ** - Oven times may vary. When I made this at my Mema's house this past week for the holidays, it took 15 min, not 12.
NotesI made these for Christmas Eve this year, and I have to say they were money! I got the recipe from a Gale Gand cookbook I bought myself last week. Four ingredients. Very simple.