Coconut Pumpkin Custard
3 large eggs
1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
14 oz coconut milk
2 tablespoons honey (or to taste)
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Toasted coconut, optional
Whipped cream, optional
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease 5 8 oz custard cups/ramekins with coconut oil.
2. Whip the eggs with a whisk or a blender until smooth. Add remaining ingredients and whisk/blend until smooth and well mixed.
3. Divide batter between the 5 prepared ramekins. Set the cups into a large baking pan. Fill with 1/2 inch of water.
4. Bake for 40 minutes (or until knife inserted in middle comes out clean).
5. Cover each with foil and refrigerate until completely cooled. Top with whipped cream and toasted coconut to serve.
Preparation Time: 8 minutes